Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hey Guys!
Welcome to my blog! As most of you know, I am going to be a foreign exchange student in Belgium next year through Rotary District 5970! For those of you that don't know, here are the minor details...
I applied in October 2012 and had my first interview in November 2012 (I was quite surprised when I found out I made it to the next round). After I passed through the first interview I went to Newton, Iowa in January 2013 for the final interview. I was honestly scared to death but, thank goodness, I did not cry (whoo!). On the way home from the interview we (Emmy, Maria, and I) got a phone call that WE HAD ALL MADE IT and would be participating in exchange in 2013/2014. My application was accepted to Belgium shortly afterward (again, Whoo!) and now I'm just waiting to find out where in Belgium I am going and who my host families will be. Now that I've got some of those details out of the way, here's for the good stuff. I will (hopefully) be updating this blog as much as possible throughout my exchange with posts, pictures, videos, stories, and messages. Everyone is welcome to comment, share thoughts, and shoot me messages through this page (I will be checking this most often) HOWEVER please keep it clean and if you don't have anything nice to say people, please, don't say anything at all (I don't want to come on here and have inappropriate comments get me down, chill?) Alright, it's getting late so I'm just going to post this now.
DFTBA and all that :)
Catch you all later!
-Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment